For mere editorial reasons and those of a more fluent readability, we have largely refrained from using gender-neutral language. Hence, all forms of life are included hereafter.
Who are we?
The Swiss Diversity Award is the name of an association founded in 2018 under the auspices of Pink Cross. Its goal: to promote diversity and inclusion in all its forms, everywhere in Switzerland. At the heart of our
activities are the respect and the promotion of an essential pillar of human rights: recognizing and accepting these two values. Therefore, once a year, an event is
organized to honour individuals and organizations who have strongly committed themselves in these areas. The first Swiss Diversity Award Night took place September 29th, 2018 at the Kursaal in Berne and brought together a number of personalities from the political, economic and entertainment world as well as the laureates. The next Award Night will take place April 25th, 2020 at Kursaal Bern.
What we are not
As an Association, Swiss Diversity Award does not take a position on current political issues. All its activities are focused on the long-term promotion of social developments as a whole
Why a Swiss Diversity Award?
In Switzerland, many people, organizations and companies are committed to promote and support diversity and inclusion. The aim of the Swiss Diversity Award is to make these known to the public, also in order to act as a multiplier and promoter of these values. Our motivation: accept and defend equal opportunities for people of different ethnicities, gender, skin colour, nationality, age, disability or religion.
What is the Swiss Diversity Award?
- The awarding of recognition distinctions and, thereby, the promotion of diversity and inclusion in Switzerland through this event, on the one hand, and all related PR work on the other.
- Networking of people, businesses, organizations, institutions active in the fields of diversity and inclusion.
- An exclusive event aimed at reflecting the diversity of Switzerland through its laureates and guests.
- – The Lifetime Award (the main prize, to reward exceptional services provided in the areas of diversity and inclusion)
- – The International Award (to reward individuals or organizations who have committed themselves beyond Swiss borders in the areas of diversity and inclusion)
- – The LGBT Award (to reward individuals or organizations of, or related to, the LGBT community)
- – The Equality Award (to reward activities in the field of equality between women and men)
- – The Public Award (to reward employees and consumers who have chosen their company or organisation – or others – who, in their eyes, have been particularly active in the areas of diversity and inclusion)
- – The Refugee Award (to reward activities of integration and promotion of diversity through and with refugees and asylum seekers)
- – The Disability Award (to reward activities of integration and promotion of diversity through, and with people with disabilities)
- – The Entertainment Award (to reward inspiring people from television, film,music or social media committed to diversity and inclusion)
- – The Art Award (to reward people or organizations from literature and art)
- – The Education Award (to reward individuals or organizations in the field of education)
- – The Politics Award (to reward individuals or organizations who have engaged in political activities promoting diversity and inclusion)
- – The Sports Award (to reward individuals or organizations who have engaged in sports activities promoting diversity and inclusion).
The jury is an independent body of the Association. It is made up of representatives from the fields of economics, politics, entertainment, NGOs, art and culture. All the members of the jury will receive the files of the candidates before the event; the Office will make an initial selection of the candidates.
The Swiss Diversity Award Night is funded donations from individuals and companies.
Overview of categories and sponsorship options:
- Main Sponsor
- Sponsor of a specific prize (= sponsorship of one or more awards)
- Table Sponsor
- Product Sponsoren
- Media Partner
- sponsor of services
- donors (individuals)
The General Assembly
The General Assembly approves the annual accounts and the budget. In addition, it is responsible for electing the presidency and the commitee.
The Committee’s task is to develop the strategy and control the finances of the “sparring partner” of the Office. Later on, it will meet twice a year only. It is also up to the Committee to form the jury.
Kornhausstrasse 3, 3000 Bern
5th of september 2020
450 seats available
Only a few left.