For mere editorial reasons and those of a more fluent readability, we have largely refrained from using gender-neutral language. Hence, all forms of life are included hereafter.
Who are we?
The Swiss Diversity Award is the name of an association founded by Jazzmin Dian Moore and Michel Rudin, under the auspices of Pink Cross. Its goal: to promote diversity and inclusion in all its forms, everywhere in Switzerland. At the heart of our
activities are the respect and the promotion of an essential pillar of human rights: recognizing and accepting these two values. Therefore, once a year, an event is
organized to honour individuals and organizations who have strongly committed themselves in these areas. The first Swiss Diversity Award Night will thus take place
on 29 September 2018 at the Kursaal in Berne and bring together a number of personalities from the political, economic and entertainment world as well as the laureates.
What we are not
As an Association, Swiss Diversity Award does not take a position on current political issues. All its activities are focused on the long-term promotion of social developments as a whole
Why a Swiss Diversity Award?
In Switzerland, many people, organizations and companies are committed to promote and support diversity and inclusion. The aim of the Swiss Diversity Award is to make these known to the public, also in order to act as a multiplier and promoter of these values. Our motivation: accept and defend equal opportunities for people of different race, gender, skin colour, nationality, age, disability or religion.
What is the Swiss Diversity Award?
- The awarding of recognition distinctions and, thereby, the promotion of diversity and inclusion in Switzerland through this event, on the one hand, and all related PR work on the other.
- Networking of people, businesses, organizations, institutions active in the fields of diversity and inclusion.
- An exclusive event aimed at reflecting the diversity of Switzerland through its laureates and guests.
– The Lifetime Award (the main prize, to reward exceptional services provided in the areas of diversity and inclusion: CHF 5,000.-)
- Main Sponsor
- sponsor of a specific prize (= sponsorship of one or more awards)
- Table Sponsor
- Product Sponsoren
- Medien Partner
- sponsor of services
- donors (individuals)
– The International Award (to reward individuals or organizations who have committed themselves beyond Swiss borders in the areas of diversity and inclusion, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The LGBT Award (to reward individuals or organizations of, or related to, the LGBT community, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Equality Award (to reward activities in the field of equality between women and men, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Public Award (to reward employees and consumers who have chosen their company or organisation – or others – who, in their eyes, have been particularly
active in the areas of diversity and inclusion, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Refugee Award (to reward activities of integration and promotion of diversity through and with refugees and asylum seekers, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Disability Award (to reward activities of integration and promotion of diversity through, and with people with disabilities, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Entertainment Award (to reward inspiring people from television, film,music or social media committed to diversity and inclusion, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Art Award (to reward people or organizations from literature and art, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Education Award (to reward individuals or organizations in the field of education, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Politics Award (to reward individuals or organizations who have engaged in
political activities promoting diversity and inclusion, endowed with 1,000.- CHF)
– The Sports Award (to reward individuals or organizations who have engaged in sports activities promoting diversity and inclusion, endowed with 1,000.- CHF).
The jury is an independent body of the Association. It is made up of representatives from the fields of economics, politics, entertainment, NGOs, art and culture. All the members of the jury will receive the files of the candidates before the event; the Office will make an initial selection of the candidates.
The Swiss Diversity Award Night is funded by two main sources. On the one hand,by donations from individuals and companies, on the other by incentive funds (such
Overview of categories and sponsorship options:
The General Assembly
The General Assembly approves the annual accounts and the budget. In addition, it is responsible for electing the presidency and the commitee.
The Committee’s task is to develop the strategy and control the finances of the “sparring partner” of the Office. Later on, it will meet twice a year only. It is also up to the Committee to form the jury.